Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mary's Tack n Feed's yearly tent sale


It's like Christmas in February!

Every year I always hold out for Mary's big sale and stock up on things I need. This year I bought a new saddle(from ebay, not Mary's) I also got a new helmet, boots, cellphone carrier(so we won't have the same incident as last year with when I shorted out my phone and then the hardware electrocuted me.) saddle softner and breeches. I also got a free-bee of skin creams.


  • Ariat Heritage III zip paddock boots: $98.99
  • Sportage helmet Rating ASTM: $52.52
  • Cell phone Case:$9.26
  • Mary's Low Rise Rib Breech: $29.99
  • Oakwood Conditioner: $8.09
  • Tent prize: Awaking skin care products. $0.00
  • Simco Montego Arab Western Saddle $645.00 


Below you are going to see the difference between before I used Oakwood and afterwards. I really think this product helped revived the saddle's leather life. 

Because blogger is so messed up right now  so I am unable to comment next to the pictures. But the Breeches fit great. A little tip when buying breeches and jeans, If you do not feel like trying them on right then and there, take the waist of the pants and wrap around your neck. Buttoned. Not unbuttoned. The two ends touch, the pants will fit you. the circumference of your neck is the same as your waist.
Neat, huh?

All and all it was a great day and I really enjoyed myself today with Ron and Linda. This being their first Mary's tent sale, of course they didn't leave empty handed. Only thing that really irk'd me was the Ariat rep was being a little pushy. Insisting that I needed a Western boot and a normal paddock boot would not suffice because of the different type of tread on the sole of the boot. I thought this was ridiculous because English irons have a higher slippage factor than a western stirrup.  Additionally most western stirrup accidents happen because of low heel and tight instep and round or square toes on the boot. Not tread. So I told the lady if you do not want to sell me a boot I like I would be happy to go else where to spend my money. She then gave me the boot I wanted but had handed me off to another sales person so she could talk to other customers. Whatever. The reason why I wanted the paddock boot is because I wanted a tighter fit on my foot without the slippage. Plus there are times when I do ride English or prefer wearing my breeches and wearing those with cowboy boots would not suffice. Plus there is better ankle support. I know it is all preference. But shit lady I know at least what the hell I'm looking for.

The HAUL:






The saddle was  conditioned by Oakwood leather conditioner. Normally $8.99 and got it for $8.09 Considering that EVERYTHING else was over $30 for leather conditioners I would say tis was quiet a good find!



Happy Trails~ Michelle & Whisper!

No comments:

Post a Comment